Let us know what you think! - Nolimit City

Nolimit-Malcolm

Let us know what you think! - Nolimit City  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favourite 2020 Nolimit City release (other than Punk Rocker and Deadwood xNudge)!

• Golden Genie & The Walking Wilds
    • Book of Shadows
    • Tomb of Akhenaten
    • Monkey's Gold xPays
    • Barbarian Fury xNudge

Thanks for asking feedback.

I like Punk Rocker and Deadwood (got my GOTY vote) much better than the listed other games.

In my opinion in order from best to worst, all  these games are above average or good btw, I play bonus buys:

• Monkey's Gold xPays
    nice little enjoyable game that gives good playtime and fun. 
  • Barbarian Fury xNudge
    smart game mechanics, exciting wins and near-misses without crazy variance.
  • Tomb of Akhenaten
    innovative game mechanics, real good graphics, too bad it is a bit too much all-or-nothing to my liking.
  • Golden Genie & The Walking Wilds
    I do some bonus buys on this one now and then, but I think the feature is a bit too onedimensional. 
  • Book of Shadows
    sloppy graphics, I dont care much about 'book of' expansive symbols or the 3-4 reel innovative feature, not one for me.
    Luckily other people like this one.

I think that Nolimit City releases lots of good games, a few exceptionally good ones and a few stinkers.

From the listed games I would be looking forward to improved variants of Monkey's Gold and Tomb of Ahenaten the most.
Also I sort of liked the 'sound and feel' of Buffalo Hunter, but the main game mechanics (a la Thunderkick) just did not work out nice enough.

Looking forward to all new Nolimit City releases and especially to another real big hit.

I have a general question about your game development.

Once you've completed the main part of a new game and you've made it so that it takes hundreds and hundreds of spins to get a bonus with vast swathes of dead spins along the way, do you then all sit around and have a good laugh amongst yourselves when you then write in so many zero X and less than 10X bonuses?

2 hours ago, Nolimit-Malcolm said:

@kahpaydiumSorry bra, guess we're not in your supplier list then! But who is then? - I'm curious :) 

Oh I didn't say that, in fact I think you make great games and I voted for you in these awards.  I play a lot of your games but can only do so once I've built a balance elsewhere, I know it will just rip on NLC games.  Tomb of Akhenaten could easily become one of my favourite games but I play it because I enjoy the look and feel of it but with zero expectation at all, played it for half an hour this morning and was lucky to get 2 bonuses, one paid less than 1X and the other was less than 4X.  I play slots because I enjoy them and you can tell a lot of thought goes in to your game designs, they're enjoyable concepts and that's why I play them.  However, if I've got a starting or low balance then they get a massive swerve.

As for my first comment, I would love to know.  When you come to write the bonus rounds you already know how difficult they are to get on average, so how can you, or other providers, then write so many that are just basically laughing in the face of the player?  I appreciate the potential of some bonuses but that must be such a minute percentage of the overall amount.  Getting a bonus is supposed to be the highlight of the gameplay, to then win sod all consistently is a bit much.  I guess it might be different for those that can buy bonuses but when you're having to play for them it gets boring very quickly.

For me Dragon Tribe used to be the best slot out there - However given its up 27 000x potential, I have never seen a hit more than x2000 from any streamer or player that I know of. With the game being taken off line for weeks last year and returned with the bonus buy feature implemented, the slot simply did not play the same anymore. The base game seriously sucks, dead spins! Even the features hardly pay, you need to be very lucky to win big. I am scared now to choose the xNudge and xWays feature and take the normal feature instead to have some of my money returned.

Honestly I feel Nolimit City's intention is to put the focus on the bonus buy features instead of counting on regular base or bonus hits in the range of x100 - x500 that most of us common players are used to and expect in our regular gambling sessions. I must admit this marketing strategy is most definitely working given all the big hits x500 plus we have seen in most of No Limit City slots and 90% of them coming from these bonus buys.

My only problem I have with most of their slots is such low max win for Ultra HV slot, Lets take a look at Deadwood - x13 950 max win, even though we know the slot can provide even bigger wins than that, due to the design and the features (Shootout feature). I would think Deadwood should be in the range of x25 000 max win potential.

Considering Tomb of Akhenaten and Dragon Tribe that has up x26 000 and x27 000 max win potential respectively, yet I have never seen more than x2000 win in any of them yet, however games with a lower max win potential like Deadwood dishes x1000 - x5000 wins easily.

I still love No Limit City - But I have to say as well, some of their releases will just bust you (Tomb Stone always come to mind) - Should implement bonus buy feature here. I like that you guys come up with new ideas/concepts and different features, other than these Mega Ways BS that other providers are producing!

Bonus Buys - Is one of the reasons I left Blueprint slots when they implemented Bonus Buy features especially on the MW collection  - The base game is just a pain and it comes down to - You either bonus buy or you leave and I am scared No limit city slots will soon follow suit when their base games start acting the same .

Also bonus buy takes the a bit of the experience and excitement away sometimes, as If I remember correctly the exciting thrill from teases when you about to almost bonus a slot and that 3rd scatter does not land.

Napoleon is the worst from BP is the worst - if anyone did think it was pure random, this is the game that makes it painfully obvious, while its not: It Trolls you with 6 wilds on the right hand side constantly and likes to add a scatter to stop 4 wilds and a soldier from rolling in. I don't know if the design is just clever or if people genuinely think "That was close" lets give it another spin

My Apologies - I know I went a bit of topic a bit 🙂

@Fiekie247@kahpaydium

Good points about bonus buys - in the U.K. we don’t have them and I am thankful for this.

I like NoLimit games (and other providers) but I don’t even bother playing the ones that I know have a bonus buy option in other regions. I’ll test them out and see what they are like but it always feels like something is missing when all you have is the base game when playing a game which has a bonus buy feature.

I’ll always play Tombstone but never play Deadwood for example.

I don’t see any providers changing what they are doing, the money made from bonus buy games will dwarf that made by games without, but a bit more base game action would be nice.

3 hours ago, dirtystack said:

@Fiekie247@kahpaydium

Good points about bonus buys - in the U.K. we don’t have them and I am thankful for this.

I like NoLimit games (and other providers) but I don’t even bother playing the ones that I know have a bonus buy option in other regions. I’ll test them out and see what they are like but it always feels like something is missing when all you have is the base game when playing a game which has a bonus buy feature.

I’ll always play Tombstone but never play Deadwood for example.

I don’t see any providers changing what they are doing, the money made from bonus buy games will dwarf that made by games without, but a bit more base game action would be nice.

I agree alot of restrictions on the UK in many ways in general, bonus buys, betting limits etc etc.

I really feel that bonus buy option influence the RTP in someway. Just play Punk Rocker - The base game is brutal ( So at least x300 starting balance when spinning this slot normally). When Barbarian fury came out, it was fun, but now extremely Brutal.

I prefer Deadwood over Tombstone - I also have to admit - I sometimes do a bonus buy or two, but its only out of frustration of not getting a bonus feature after a long time lol.

At the moment No Limit City, Play n Go, Red Tiger and Push Gaming gets most of the Game time since non of these besides No Limit have the bonus buy option and I enjoy spinning normally way more than accessing the bonus feature instantly.

12 hours ago, kahpaydium said:

Oh I didn't say that, in fact I think you make great games and I voted for you in these awards.  I play a lot of your games but can only do so once I've built a balance elsewhere, I know it will just rip on NLC games.  Tomb of Akhenaten could easily become one of my favourite games but I play it because I enjoy the look and feel of it but with zero expectation at all, played it for half an hour this morning and was lucky to get 2 bonuses, one paid less than 1X and the other was less than 4X.  I play slots because I enjoy them and you can tell a lot of thought goes in to your game designs, they're enjoyable concepts and that's why I play them.  However, if I've got a starting or low balance then they get a massive swerve.

As for my first comment, I would love to know.  When you come to write the bonus rounds you already know how difficult they are to get on average, so how can you, or other providers, then write so many that are just basically laughing in the face of the player?  I appreciate the potential of some bonuses but that must be such a minute percentage of the overall amount.  Getting a bonus is supposed to be the highlight of the gameplay, to then win sod all consistently is a bit much.  I guess it might be different for those that can buy bonuses but when you're having to play for them it gets boring very quickly.

I fully agree with your statement above in red - Need a good x200 starting balance when you play No Limit Cit games in terms of normal spinning.

Slots that RIP me in general when playing normally without bonus buy.

Tomb Stone, Monkey Gold Xpays, Immortal Fruits, Barbarian Fury, Punk rocker and Hot Nudge

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 22:00, Fiekie247 said:

Honestly I feel Nolimit City's intention is to put the focus on the bonus buy features instead of counting on regular base or bonus hits in the range of x100 - x500 that most of us common players are used to and expect in our regular gambling sessions. I must admit this marketing strategy is most definitely working given all the big hits x500 plus we have seen in most of No Limit City slots and 90% of them coming from these bonus buys🙂

Yup, spot on @Fiekie247 - No Limit City didn't invent bonus buys to be fair, but certainly took it to another (shitty) level. 750x buys? Naaah, not enough - let's do a 2000x buy. What's next? 5000x buy?

Btw, I can't play No Limit City slots in Denmark, and I don't have any intention to do so either. No Limit City slots seem great in terms of gameplay, graphics, potential etc.,, but I just can't support a provider with this kind of one-track-mega-bonus-buy-mindset. It's getting unrelatable, you know?

Br,

A small time punter, who actually enjoys the grind

• Skylined87 unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Agreed with most posts here... No limit has some good games, its just a shame they are ruined by the bonus buy nonsense. It's insanely rare for me to hit a bonus on any nolimit games without dumping 200-300x my balance into it only to get paid jack shit in the end. 

Warrior graveyard is notorious for not dropping a bonus for me. I think I've spent over $800 with 1$ spins over the course of 2 weeks without a single bonus. 

I guess I can see why bonus buys are a huge part of their business now, their games are so poorly designed on the backend that the only way people play them is just buying the bonus because they dont want to sit through deadspin city for 2 hours. 

• 2 weeks later...

Providers found out the magic that is bonus buys. I mean... dump 80x, 100x, 200x, 2000x all at once and get the same RTP. Now what a brilliant idea...

It took providers a long time to understand that this is the easiest way to make a lot of money. This might be a reason why some of you report have crappy base game hits and the game "isn't the same" as before the bonus buys. At the risk of sounding like a slot provider - if you don't get good hits on base game.. just buy the bonus! good for you - good for me.. well, maybe not good for you.

The slot industry is focusing on what makes them more money. Bonus buys does. Everything else should be minimized - hence be less profitable.

Archived