When wilds take the piss...

So, we probably all know the feeling of being one off a significant win, especially when playing highly volatile slots. Here I attach for your entertainment three prime examples of just that. These three misses are the difference of being approx. 200 EUR up - or as in my case - 600 EUR down for the last week. Still 1400 EUR up for the year, but should have taken a break after the latest period of nice wins.

I know it's common for both DoA, Cosmos and BoD to do exactly these teases, but one of them could have had the decency to freakin' land, haha! Especially the Cazino Cosmos one was painful to watch, as the wilds come stacked in that particular feature, plus I haven't had a wildline on that slot in spite of many, many attempts. 

Btw: Feel free to post your close wild misses, would be kind of ... well, not fun, but you know what I mean.

DoA close.jpg

Cazino Cosmos close.jpg

BoD close.jpg

Edited by StallCation
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, Slotspinner said:

One up or down is mostly bullshit, its as close in reality as if it was 10 symbols away :)

Yes, mathematically speaking those wilds might as well have been in Missouri - you just know they are the difference between a nice 200x-ish win, in these cases at least, and a big cashout. Fun fact: Science shows that these near misses actually release more dopamine than hitting the big win, which the slot providers are of course fully aware off, hence the above shown teases. And to top things off, DoA did it again just a couple of hours after my initial post - damned douchebag slot 😄 

DoA 173x.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And on the subject, the latest wild stitch-up. I would never touch this slot on my own money, but I got 35 cash freespins on Roty Fellas Inc. and actually landed the bonus, which is quite an endeavour in itself. Even got a lot of retriggers for a total of 32 spins - must be good, right? Had a boatload of sticky wilds on 3rd, 4th and 5th reel for the last 8 spins, but of course the rocket feature or any useful symbols on the first two reels were deleted. I truly hate this slot...

Rocket Fellas 1.jpg

Rocket Fellas 2.jpg

Rocket Fellas 125x.jpg

Edited by StallCation
23 hours ago, dirtystack said:

Biggest win I have seen on Ricketfellas

Yeah, that says a lot about this slot, doesn't it? 😄 I haven't seen over 280x ever (my own best on this damn troll slot) - it's supposed to have a 7000x max. win, but I doubt anyone will ever get near that number.

Edited by StallCation

@StallCation

It’s odd how when you play some games, with a touted possible win, You get the feeling the advertised potential is realisable and with others, with the same supposed potential, you can’t even contemplate anything near the advertised possibility.

Even more perplexing when the game is by the same provider.

Edited by dirtystack
  • Like 1
On 21/07/2020 at 18:30, dirtystack said:

@StallCation

It’s odd how when you play some games, with a touted possible win, You get the feeling the advertised potential is realisable and with others, with the same supposed potential, you can’t even contemplate anything near the advertised possibility.

Even more perplexing when the game is by the same provider.

Yes, I fully agree. If we're still talking Thunderkick, I can easily see eg. Pink Elephants, Flame Busters, Falcon Huntress or even Esqueleto Explosivo 2 paying the announced max. win - just a matter of the slot wanting to coorperate really. But if Roty Fellas can't even pay 250x with the above setup, how will it ever hit 7000x, I wonder? Same goes for a lot of those max. wins on eg. Play 'n GO or Pragmatic slots - some need implausable setups to come even close to the announced max. payout.  

...and back on Cazino Cosmos for the next "close but no vintage cigar" setup. Nice 488x win - my best yet on Cosmos - but in 10 spins it didn't land the crucial 4th reel wild. This special feature started with wilds on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th reel and was played on average betsize (0.06 DKK coin value = 1,20 DKK stake).

Cazino Cosmos 488x total.jpg

Cazino Cosmos 488x.jpg

@dirtystack ELK has put out many games that are "copy paste" to each other. I can assure you none has or will ever give the max cap.

Just a thought. Did you know reactoonz has a max cap of 4570x ? Which is  not something impossible to be achieved. Well.....In fact it is. 1500x being the top prize for all of us.  I really really wonder how the gameplay looks like when it gives the 4500x.

Biggest x I've seen being advertised is Peking luck by pragmatic. A staggering 180.000x

Managed to get the 15.000x but never saw it again by others.

• Like 1

Still I think this is my most painful miss. I had so many spins to hit the line, but it just wouldn't.
10 wilds on screen and not a wildline.. I just cannot be happy about this bonus =D.

The way it was started out I really thought I had that 100.000x feature ongoing.

Miss.png

Edited by Janalleman
  • Sad 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/04/2021 at 21:47, asmeister said:

I think I'd much prefer those over my 0-1 wild typical DoA shitfest bonuses

I agree, in isolation they are not bad wins. But considering the mere grind (I don't even wanna think about how many spins I've done on those slots) and considering how rare it is to get a good setup on eg. DoA/DoA II, Cazino Zeppelin/Cazino Cosmos or Lil' Devil, I can't help feeling a bit underwhelmed.

I've taken the consequence and pretty much accepted that these are not my lucky slots, at least for the time being. At the moment I'm sticking to the likes of Extra Chilli, BoD, Carnival Queen and Ankh of Anubis as my "go-to slots", as these actually produce some good hits for me on a regular basis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...