Deposit bonuses sticky vs non sticky

ryans_slots

What do people prefer sticky bonuses or non sticky?

I think personally I prefer the sticky bonuses and wager the whole lot before making a withdrawal.. although non sticky bonuses can be good if you don't dip into bonus money and hit a monster you can cash out, but lose the bonus money.

then again the negative you could play for hours with the nothing contributing towards the wagering and  then having to wager through.

I prefer what you call "sticky" - but actually there is a misconception about the names.

The real definition of "sticky" is a bonus that you can _never_ withdraw. Say for example you get a €100 sticky bonus with 20x wr - once you've completed the WR you can withdraw your deposit plus winnings, but the €100 bonus will be removed.

A no-sticky bonus is a bonus that, when you complete wr, you can withdraw the lot. 

So, in short:
Sticky = bonus that can never be withdrawn
No-sticky = bonus that can be withdrawn after wr
Parachute = bonus where you can withdraw deposit + winnings when bonus money hasn't been touched 

:)

34 minutes ago, Andreas said:

I prefer what you call "sticky" - but actually there is a misconception about the names.

The real definition of "sticky" is a bonus that you can _never_ withdraw. Say for example you get a €100 sticky bonus with 20x wr - once you've completed the WR you can withdraw your deposit plus winnings, but the €100 bonus will be removed.

A no-sticky bonus is a bonus that, when you complete wr, you can withdraw the lot. 

So, in short:
Parachute = bonus where you can withdraw deposit + winnings when bonus money hasn't been touched 

What he said, you're confused by sticky and non-sticky with the parachute.

Personally for me it all depends on the % of the bonus match.

1. I never take any deposit bonus under 50%, particularly if its a sticky or non sticky. May consider a parachute bonus if wagering low.

2. 50% -75% Parachute bonuses only

3. 75%-199% Parachute or non-sticky only

4. 200%+ Any deposit bonus (unless wagering is above 45x bonus and deposit amount).

Also wagering, for sticky and non-sticky I mainly look for wagering to be around 20-45x bonus amount only. 

On a parachute bonus I'm not overly fussed on the size of the wagering as they are all bonus amount only and tend to be between 20-45x bonus amount.

When taking a deposit bonus, take a good look at terms before accepting. Shop around for the best deals, or indeed best sites that only offer certain types of deposit bonuses.

For example Leovegas are all parachute bonuses when I take them, even free spin winnings.

Whereas, Betvictor deposit bonuses (although are sometimes good wagering rules ie 20x bonus only) are non-sticky all the time.

3 hours ago, Andreas said:

So, in short:

I always went by non sticky - if you don't dip into bonus funds and you are able to withdraw

sticky - you must wager the whole balance and the requirement before making a withdrawal :P

Archived