Tour de France - Stage Betting tips

The Giro d'Italia was a big miss. Many unpredictable winners, so I made a loss. No problem, the Tour de France should be easier to predict, and I see a lot of money coming our way. I am not going to do the General classification bets simply because I don't want to wait 3 weeks for a bet to come in:) 

Stage 1 » Brest › Landerneau (197.8km)

The first stage is a ''classic'' stage. Many hills, small roads, rain is expected. This stage is going to be crazy.

Mathieu van der Poel @ 3.50

Julian Alaphilippe top 3 @ 2.50

In: 20
Out: 0
Total: -20

• Like 3

A small profit, not bad. Usually I would post bets around 8 pm but today where to big crashes in the peloton. Woods was involved and I had my eye on him for tomorrow's stage.

Will post the bet when I have more info on him. Tip might be tomorrow morning .

Stage 2 » Perros-GuirecMûr-de-Bretagne Guerlédan (183.5km)

Tomorrows stage is compareble to todays stage only the last climb is way harder. Couldnt find anything on Woods so my bets stays. Also Roglic was very strong and I think he might attack on tommorows last climb.

Primoz Roglic @ 8.00

Michael Woods @ 23.00

Stage 6 » Tours › Châteauroux (160.4km)

@#(*$#*@! Kung 2nd everything went as expected only to lose by an insane ride of Pogacar. So close yet so far.

In a podcast the team leader of Alpacin-Fenix said that Tim Melier will not be sprinting for today's stage but they will use Jasper Philipsen instead. Not a lot of people seem to know this because Meliers odds are very low and Philipsen are high. So 2 bets on the same person, very good value in my eyes!

Jasper Philipsen  @ 13.00
Jasper Philipsen Top 3  @ 4.00

In: 110
Out: 24
Total: -86
Edited by NeWbZs

Odds dropped massively, but there still is some value. Van Aert might not be sprinting after yesterday's TT and Melier won't be sprinting at all. Demare has fallen of his bike and I am not sure if he is fit enough already.  That only leaves 2 contenders for the win. Philipsen isn't the strongest but there is still some value left.

Screenshot_20210701-112708-055.png

• Like 1
Stage 8»OyonnaxLe Grand-Bornand(150.8km)

Yesterday was totally different then expected, so not even close. For today, I wanted to bed Woods, but the odds drop way too fast from 21 to 13. Odds are not great, but I do think that this stage is perfect for Woods.

Micheal Woods @ 13.00

In: 130
Out: 64
Total: -66
  • Like 1
Stage 2: Win Roglic @ 8.00 result 3rd
Stage 5: WIn Kung @ 5.50 result 2nd
Stage 6: Win Philipsen @ 13.00 result 2nd
Stage 8: Win Woods @ 13.00 result 3rd

I am developing a talent for picking the number 2 and 3. Last year everything went my way and now I have many near misses. Terrible for motivation. Already got some picks for tomorrow, if I pick another 2nd or 3rd place, I will take a break.

Also this was Woods with about 20kms to go:

Screenshot_20210703-162324-751.png

Edited by NeWbZs