Tyler’s hockey corner - we’re back (playoffs round one Friday)

My apologies folks - took a break from posting for a bit as work got a little busy! But, we are back and we got a lot to cover today. Remember to gamble responsibly and feel free to discuss in the comments below! 

Where we are at round 1 (tonight’s games):

Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild: Currently the Stars have a one game lead on the Wild going into game 6 tonight. The series has been really fun to watch! 2 very talented teams, it’s a shame this couldn’t be a Stanley Cup finals matchup. The Wild should be coming out hot tonight, the only thing that worries me with the Wild is injuries. Hockey players tend to play through most injuries during the playoffs, but it was alarming to see that Hartman isn’t practicing today (OT hero in game 1). As a Stars fan, my bias leans towards the Stars, but my prediction is for the series to go 7. The Stars are underdogs tonight on the spread - I lean Stars +1.5 but the value isn’t great. Will take them ML as a gamble instead.

Vegas Golden Knights vs Winnipeg Jets: Last night the Knights were able to win the series (4-1) - so I won’t spend much time here. Want to thank the Knights for the nice 9:1 correct score live bet I hit last night though😉 - had a half unit on it bringing back 4.5 units to the bank. 

Colorado Avalanche vs. Seattle Kraken: Seattle is currently leading the series 3 games to 2 over the Avs. This goes back to my initial analysis last week - goaltending is the downfall of the Avs right now. This paired with a lack of production from the depth forwards has made for a tough series for Colorado. I still think the Avs are in this series (personally) - we should see an angry Avs team tonight. The ML should be close, so I’m leaning Avs. 

Carolina Hurricanes vs. NY Islanders: currently the Hurricanes are leading the series 3-2, but I really think this goes to game 7. The Hurricanes are injured bad - 3 of their top forwards are injured. Led to them dropping back to back games. The Islanders are at home tonight and I can see them taking this game with ease. If you want to gamble, I’d say take the Islanders -1.5 should get good odds. ML is the safe play here in my opinion. Islanders win tonight.

Boston Bruins vs. Florida Panthers: Boston is up 3-2 in the series going to Florida tonight. Boston got their Captain back last game and he already is producing. Tough OT loss with a miscommunication leading to a Florida win last game. Boston will come out swinging tonight. Love them on the ML or Islanders +1.5 to be safe. 

My picks: 

1) Colorado ML (-150)

2) Stars ML (-110) *bias gamble*

3) NY Islanders -1.5 (+230) *value bet* 

Parlay for today

-over 6 goals Avs vs Kraken (EV)

-Bruins ML (-189)

-Dallas +1.5 (-284)

-NY Islanders ML (-120)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...