Tyler’s hockey corner (playoffs day 4)

What’s up everyone - I’m back. Skipped day 3 as I was attending the Dallas Stars game 2 (what an insane game). But we are ready for another day of playoff hockey. I’ll do a quick breakdown of where we’re at, but will limit it to todays games to save everyone a bit of reading. 

Series scores:

Vegas vs Winnipeg - Winnipeg 1-0

Colorado vs Seattle - Seattle 1-0

New Jersey vs New York - New York 1-0

Toronto vs Tampa - Tampa 1-0

Very interesting start to playoffs this year! All visiting teams (minus Carolina and Boston - as they were at home for their first win) won game 1 of their respective series’. Although I didn’t post yesterday, I did reply to my day 2 thread with my only pick for day 3 - DALLAS STARS -150 to bounce back and get a dub. For those who followed, we cashed! I ended up parlaying the Stars ML with the over (5.5 total goals for -110) - this paid out roughly 2.5:1 - I laid 3 units on this and it hit! Bring our playoff total to +0.5 units - HUGE COMEBACK! If you only took the ML after following my other picks you would still be down 5.5 units, which is still a turn in the right direction, but we’re not there yet. 

Today marks a day of redemption for the home teams.

I don’t see the Avalanche losing 2 at home but I don’t see value in the lines and don’t like where the o/u line sits. So for straight bets - I will be staying away.

Next up is the Devils vs. Rangers - I love the Rangers in this series, but don’t see how the Devils don’t bounce back. I do however think this game will be close. Fire power on both sides and the Devils should be awake now. Personally I could see this game go to OT today, ideally 3-3 tie after regulation. For that reason, I took a bit of a gamble (I do not recommend this bet - I put a half unit on it so take it for what it’s worth, again this is a gamble) The pick: Parlay - NYR +1.5, Over 5.5 total goals, and the game to be Tied after the First Period (payout: 7.5:1)   

Next is the first game of the night - Toronto vs. Tampa Bay. I don’t trust playoff Toronto… time and time again they drop the ball - they got pumped in Game 1 against a team that they should be able to hang with. They are the favorites tonight and could see them bouncing back, but this one could be close as well. I have no skin in this one either. No value on the spread currently, with a 6.5 o/u - I tend to lean under on this one, as defensively these teams should play better tonight. But if Toronto decides to not show up again then it will be a goal fest. No pick here currently, but will comment below if that changes.

Last up, Vegas vs. Winnipeg - I like Vegas on a bounce back here. I could also see this game going over 5.5 goals. Therefore, I am going to pull together a parlay similar to the one I had on the Stars last night, but with less skin in the game. The pick: Vegas ML + Over 5.5 - pays 2:1 - laying down 1.5 units

All picks together, I am risking 2 units to win 6.5 back. Let’s see how today goes! Good luck anyone. Feel free to let me know what you all think!