Cycling Bets: Classics and Early season.

NeWbZs

I want to share some of my cycling bets. I have been in profit over the last to season and this year I want to take a bit more of a professional approach by keeping track of all my bets. At the start of the season I didn't feel a lot for sharing my bets because I have been unlucky with posting them on CG.com. But I made some chances in my betting strategy. I now see cycling betting more like horse racing, often high odds with lots of misses. Also, I now do more different bet sizes, the more confident I am the higher the bet, something I never did for some reason. I have added a picture of my all the bets this year. So far, so good!

Somethings to keep in mind:
- I do this for fun
- I am profitable on cycling (last 3 years) but guarantee nothing
- Odds can chance a lot! Use different bookies

So Ill stars with some early bets.

Milano-Sanremo

299 km's before we have a sprint. Its Van Aert or Ewan. Ewan is already in great form so lets get those bets in.  I got myself odds of 8.00 and still see him on some sites at 7.50. 

Caleb Ewan @ 7.50  Stake 5/10 (later maybe 10/10)

Paris-Roubaix

''Hell of the North'' best classic race. Everything can happen this race. But I know one thing for sure: Yves Lampeart will try to win this one, he calls it ''His race". Last year he also said that he was the best man in the race but got 3 flat tires. Also, he has the strongest team and showed that he is strong by helping is team to win some races. His team Quickstep calls them self: "The Wolf-pack" they give 100% for a teammate to win and already showed their strength.

Yves Lampeart @ 19.00 Stake: 10/10

This week the Tour de la Provence, Tour of Oman and Tour of Antalya will start and I expect to add some bets.

Cycling bets.png

• Like 2
  • Trophy 1
  • Get in! 1

2nd

With the EW we get our money back. Cavendish was on the wrong side so he needed to go around Gaviria and that was to much for him. Still I think this was a great bet. For the second stage I will bet Cavendish EW again if he is 4.50 or higher. Hopefully the odds increase a bit so we profit with 2nd or 3th place.

Unfortunately there arnt any markets for Tour of Antalya and Tour de la Provence :( 

Tour of Oman stage 4

Amaury Capiot @ 5.50 Stake: low

This stage is tailormade for Capiot. Some Hills before the sprint, Cavendish and Gaviria will probably be behind them and cant sprint for the win. But the problem is that I hoped for better odds so my advice is to not bet to big.

Stage went totally diffrent then expected. CG guy took a stab at the win. Sucks but we only made a small bet. 

I expect to post bets around 8 tonight for tour of Oman.

Cyclo-Cross Brussels 2022

Eli Iserbyt @ 2.50 Stake: medium

Yesterday Iserbyt fell and lost about 10 seconds. He put all his energy in closing the gap.

Now he wouldt have won anyway because Van der Haar was the strongest. But the odds have changed a lot in favor of Isbert. He simply is the strongest rider and getting 2.50 is good value.

Edited by NeWbZs
Spelling mistake

Iserbyt didnt win, cant tell You much about it atm because I didnt watch the race, might watch it tommorow if I have time.

Tour of Oman stage 5

Henri Vandenabeele EW@ 9.00 Stake: low

Gets a free role tommorow, is able to win this. Not a big threat to the GC guys so he has chance. Odds are underwhelming so I advice a small stake and EW. 

Fernando Gaviria 1st

A nice profit. Everything went as expected Karg Anderen attacked in the last km but didnt make it till the finish line. Sucks but it was a nice shot with odds of 13.00

I think Cavendish was a bit sore from his crash yesterday so Gaviria won. Tour of Oman is now over and there will be more races to Come and bet on.

Vuelta a Andalucia Ruta Ciclista Del Sol

Giovanni Aleotti EW @ 201 Stake: Low

It's a long shot but we might be surprised. 20kms before the finish line is the last real climb, the climb is 8km @ 3,7% not that hard but good enough for attackers. Then we go down hill and have a small climb of 1,3KM @ 7,2%. Then we decent more to also climb the last kms. It will be very unpredictable so why not go for the long shots.

Also, Cosnefroy is @ 4.50 that's implied odds of almost 20%. With this field and such a strange last 20kms that's just insane, lay him if you can.

Cyclo-cross Waaslandcross (Sint-Niklaas 2202)

Eli Iserbyt @ 2,50 Stake: High

Iserbyt is the best rider in the field. For me its a 50-50 chance he wins so 2,50 is a good value.

Volta ao Algarve 2022 Stage 4

Kasper Asgreen @ 20,00 Stake: Medium

No clue why his odds are so high, he is a great Time trail rider and should have a fair chance of winning, he is not the favorite but 20,00? Thats way to high, lets take that value.

We got fudged at the Waaslandcross! Iserbyt was leading with his teammate by a lot. His teammate kept on loosing time and making mistakes but Iserbyt waited everytime because he wanted to give the win to his teammate. If this was fair Iserbyt would have won by 30+ seconds. Also there mainsponsor is a Belgian gambling site..... But they dont mind fudgeing there backers......

Anyway, no win. Gonna take it a bit slower because I wont be home the comming days but I will try to post bets if there is a lot of value.

UAE Tour stage 1

Dylan Groenewegen @ 3.50 stake: Medium

Volta ao Algarve 2022 Stage 5

Miguel Angel Lopez EW @ 10.00 or higher (I Wont be at home tonight so this is a bit of guess for the odds)

• 2 weeks later...