Video Poker Live - Optimal RTP impossible to get??

Hey you guyyyys!

So I was having a session on Video Poker Live last night, and came across a situation where the system would not let you play optimally.

This stems from the fact that if you don't hold any cards, the system will follow its default strategy, which can be found in the help screens, and is different for each game. There are however times where you your best possible play is to throw everything, and take 5 new cards. I'll run you through an example here:

Screenshot_20231024-091247_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2b817f0d4b37a31f08c88c9b5a89d236.jpg

It doesn't affect it by an awful lot, but it likely still makes the advertised optimal RTP potentially impossible to hit, as well as a little annoying to take your option away. I raised this with Evolution Live Support yesterday, and they said they'll pass it onto the Devs. Even if they just add in a 'Hold None' button so that you're being confirmatory with your decision to hold none, and not distracted by something and just time out.

@LetsGiveItASpin  or anyone else, any way you know of calculating the effect of this? This may not be the only type of example that can happen where zero holds is best, and may be different for the other, higher variance games.

• Trophy 1
  • 5 months later...
On 24/10/2023 at 11:20, Springo said:

Hey you guyyyys!

So I was having a session on Video Poker Live last night, and came across a situation where the system would not let you play optimally.

This stems from the fact that if you don't hold any cards, the system will follow its default strategy, which can be found in the help screens, and is different for each game. There are however times where you your best possible play is to throw everything, and take 5 new cards. I'll run you through an example here:

Screenshot_20231024-091247_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2b817f0d4b37a31f08c88c9b5a89d236.jpg

It doesn't affect it by an awful lot, but it likely still makes the advertised optimal RTP potentially impossible to hit, as well as a little annoying to take your option away. I raised this with Evolution Live Support yesterday, and they said they'll pass it onto the Devs. Even if they just add in a 'Hold None' button so that you're being confirmatory with your decision to hold none, and not distracted by something and just time out.

The official PokerOK site is more than just a playground, it's a world where time stops and the stakes grow with your inner tension. Here on the official site of PokerOK  onlinepokerplay.co room you will find not only the opportunity to test your strength at the gaming table, but also to meet like-minded people with whom you can share the excitement and joy of victory.

@LetsGiveItASpin  or anyone else, any way you know of calculating the effect of this? This may not be the only type of example that can happen where zero holds is best, and may be different for the other, higher variance games.

Hey, I'm interested in this topic too guys