Community Help for covering losses an financial help

Hi I just wanted to know I started gambling 2 years back it became like addiction lost good amount of my savings and almost on the verge of bankruptcy, I have stopped gambling now and I wont be doing any gambling in future for sure, biggest lesson learnt, I just wanted to know can the community come together and do something for people like me by source funding a little amount so that people like me can overcome bankruptcy and clos debts and take of families properly. Just a thought guys. 

Someone who is on the verge of bankruptcy due to gambling should ( at least most of them) not have control over there own money. Giving people with an addiction money will only make them go gamble again.

What we could do is give those people things like food, furniture or other things that are basic needs to survive. But dooing that on an international forum is quite hard.

12 hours ago, NeWbZs said:

Someone who is on the verge of bankruptcy due to gambling should ( at least most of them) not have control over there own money. Giving people with an addiction money will only make them go gamble again.

What we could do is give those people things like food, furniture or other things that are basic needs to survive. But dooing that on an international forum is quite hard.

Correct Bro I am not expecting any help from anyone may be some advice from correct people which could set things right for me in the future. 

18 hours ago, Faraz Ahmmad said:

Hi I just wanted to know I started gambling 2 years back it became like addiction lost good amount of my savings and almost on the verge of bankruptcy, I have stopped gambling now and I wont be doing any gambling in future for sure, biggest lesson learnt, I just wanted to know can the community come together and do something for people like me by source funding a little amount so that people like me can overcome bankruptcy and clos debts and take of families properly. Just a thought guys. 

Sorry to hear that. And @NeWbZs is right, this is not the place for crowdfunding or anything similar. I suggest reaching out to your national gambling problem support group / organization, remember no matter the situation it's always within one's power to overcome it, there is no easy way unfortunately but with persistence and dedication one can do wonders.

3 hours ago, Skylined87 said:

Sorry to hear that. And @NeWbZs is right, this is not the place for crowdfunding or anything similar. I suggest reaching out to your national gambling problem support group / organization, remember no matter the situation it's always within one's power to overcome it, there is no easy way unfortunately but with persistence and dedication one can do wonders.

Thanks Admin for the suggestion will definitely reach out to the "national gambling problem support group / organization" for support, I will definitely try to come out of this with dedication and determination. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/01/2023 at 13:07, Faraz Ahmmad said:

Thanks Admin for the suggestion will definitely reach out to the "national gambling problem support group / organization" for support, I will definitely try to come out of this with dedication and determination. 

I have been recovering & relapsing over the years and take it from me if you can free yourself now then the better you will feel and the more easier it will become. 

Borrowing money, taking loans or being given money will only make you relapse because deep down the urge to gamble will be too great - That was the case for me at least! Best of luck its a struggle but if you stick at recovering you'll be in better place! What is lost is lost and NEVER think you can win it back!

Edited by Ash W
  • Like 1
On 31/01/2023 at 03:03, Ash W said:

I have been recovering & relapsing over the years and take it from me if you can free yourself now then the better you will feel and the more easier it will become. 

Borrowing money, taking loans or being given money will only make you relapse because deep down the urge to gamble will be too great - That was the case for me at least! Best of luck its a struggle but if you stick at recovering you'll be in better place! What is lost is lost and NEVER think you can win it back!

Rightly said, what is lost is lost and it will never come back (Money). I am trying to concentrate on my career instead of this and may be one day I will recover losses in something better than gambling, by getting a better job or doing some part time to clear my debts. Thanks for the kind words brother. 

• Like 2