This is what Gambling Addiction Looks Like [Sunday Million] Sad Story

fraudmaud

So I railed Sunday Million tonight and this story is not about me. It's about the dark side of Gambling. 

This guy, who finished fourth won just over 50.000$ and lost it within hours after the tournament. 

If you look at this player earlier results you can clearly see the pattern. He plays anything between 0.90$ to 3.65, to 5.50 up to 215$ but it's not like he or she is playing after bankroll management. 
It's a player who is so degenerate it's sad and a player that most likely can't have a single $ on his/hers account without playing it away. 

It's not normal (after playing for so long in the Sunday Million) to start playing several thousand % higher buy in tournaments. 
It has happened with players before and it's so sad every time it happens. 

Can you imagine playing for 12-13 hours and scoring a huge amount of money and then lose it all within 1-2 hours when you are full of adrenalin but also very tired deep down in your mind. 
Imagine waking up and realizing that your account shows 0$ or at the best a few thousand $ when it should be 50.000$. 

See the pictures.
Even if he would have won more HU sit and goes than he lost this is absolutely nuts compared to what he or she usually plays and it screams problem. 

poker.png

problem.png

I wrote 'this guy' and 'he' in some parts of my text. I don't know who this player is. If it's a guy or a girl but most likely a guy as the main part of the players are guys. 

Anyway, just wanted to clear that. Sad story in general. 
Hope he managed to cash out a few thousand $ at least so it wasn't all for nothing. 

This is really sad because I fear you have described this person perfectly

I'm a pro poker player and have seen it happen so many times. There are a few that really stand out like the winners of the WCOOP/SCOOP MEs on Stars that are lifting $1 million +  in a single hit. A bunch of those guys - e.g. vandi4rek, a russian dude who won the ME then a few months later is playing $2 satellite games, shit even Isildumb1 won the ME then lost the 1st place prize and more to a single other player in a single session. 

It's striking that even some of the guys who have won monster sums of money have ended up broke within a year

On a smaller scale I see all the time guys would win like a $5 or $10 MTT then jump straight into the $109s, the $530s etc. 

For big wins it's partly pokerstars fault, I mean if you can only withdraw $20K/day and it will take you 50+ days to cash out a million, what do you think is gonna happen to that money in the meantime? Yep by design those dudes will sit at cash games or play way above their usual stakes, giving most of it back and earning a bunch of rake before they get the chance to withdraw

i remember my First big win at PokerStars it was 15 USD spin n go  3600 cashpool shipped it and lost 1 Grand that das playing higher Stakes it was After 6 months getting Into Poker. i Love PokerStars but the 48h withdraw lock and only 1 withdraw at the time is meh 

20 hours ago, fraudmaud said:

So I railed Sunday Million tonight and this story is not about me. It's about the dark side of Gambling. 

This guy, who finished fourth won just over 50.000$ and lost it within hours after the tournament. 

If you look at this player earlier results you can clearly see the pattern. He plays anything between 0.90$ to 3.65, to 5.50 up to 215$ but it's not like he or she is playing after bankroll management. 
It's a player who is so degenerate it's sad and a player that most likely can't have a single $ on his/hers account without playing it away. 

It's not normal (after playing for so long in the Sunday Million) to start playing several thousand % higher buy in tournaments. 
It has happened with players before and it's so sad every time it happens. 

Can you imagine playing for 12-13 hours and scoring a huge amount of money and then lose it all within 1-2 hours when you are full of adrenalin but also very tired deep down in your mind. 
Imagine waking up and realizing that your account shows 0$ or at the best a few thousand $ when it should be 50.000$. 

See the pictures.
Even if he would have won more HU sit and goes than he lost this is absolutely nuts compared to what he or she usually plays and it screams problem. 

poker.png

problem.png

Sad yeah, Really is.

I have cashed in tourneys before not for anything big, But like getting a bad beat and collecting $300 for an early exit. Then playing slots and losing it all coz im on tilt and angry.

But what i dont get is what made you follow this guy on (sharkscope) or whichever other player HUD you used after the comp and check what he did with his money??????????????

• 8 months later...

Some players also chip dump after a big win because it triggers internal investigations if they attempt a cashout. If you know you broke the rules(ie multiaccounting, having a friend play the FT, previous site ban) then it makes sense to dump most to a third party

Archived